Working to Protect Rights in the Workplace for Employers and Employees
At Press, Dozier & Hamelburg, we offer clear advice to both employers and employees to help navigate the legal issues surrounding employment law. The state and federal laws governing the employer-employee relationship are numerous and complex. Our attorneys have comprehensive understanding of these laws.
Comprehensive Services for Employers
Our attorneys counsel businesses in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and nationwide on pertinent issues relating to employment law, including:
- Hiring employees and retaining independent contractors
- Protecting trade secrets, confidential customer lists and good will
- Avoiding employment discrimination and harassment claims
- Creating employee handbooks
- Terminating the employer-employee relationship, including negotiation of severance packages
Comprehensive Services for Employees
We also represent employees in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C. and nationwide in a variety of employment law matters, including:
- Negotiating employment, compensation and consulting agreements
- Obtaining favorable severance agreements and/or separation agreements
- Understanding their rights and obligations with respect to non-compete agreements, non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements and other employment-related agreements
- Evaluating wrongful termination, employment discrimination, whistleblowing, retaliation and other unlawful termination claims
Our lawyers also assist clients with employment-related disputes by litigating when appropriate or by the use of alternative dispute resolution. Daniel Dozier, former counsel for the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, also has significant employment and labor law experience both as an attorney and as a mediator of workplace disputes.
"I have used Press & Dozier for several issues, including an employment issue and a partnership agreement…I would absolutely recommend this firm!"
- Tom Murphy